Upper Quarter Course – St. Paul, MN
Sep 7, 2019 @ 8:00 am – Sep 8, 2019 @ 3:30 pm
Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques For Upper Quarter This two-day course will present the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the Cervical and Thoracic spine as well as for the upper extremity.
- PRO CERT 11 CCUs: State Board of Physical Therapy (FSBPT) for those clinicians that hold license in: Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming
- Approved for 13 hours of CE by the NY State Educational Board (NYSED) for PTs and PTAs
- Certificate of attendance is provided for 13 hours of Continuing Education (CE) credits
Visit Northeast Seminars to Register
Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques For Upper QuarterThis two-day course will present the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the Cervical and Thoracic spine as well as for the upper extremity. It will include lecture, patient demonstrations, and lab time to give the participants a thorough and in depth coverage of the Mobilization With Movement ® approach for the upper quarter. This unique approach to manual therapy was discovered and developed by Brian Mulligan F.N.Z.S.P. (Hon), Dip. M.T. from Wellington, New Zealand. This simple yet effective manual approach addresses musculoskeletal disorders with pain free manual joint “repositioning” techniques for restoration of function and abolition of pain.
- Have an appreciation of the concept of the Mobilization With Movement ® approach.
- Provide a thorough and in depth instruction and practice of the MWM techniques for the upper quarter.
- Develop the knowledge and manual skills to successfully apply and integrate the MWM techniques.
- Integrate taping techniques with Mobilization with Movement.
- Understand the guidelines for safe and effective technique selection.
- Improve clinical outcomes.
- Hand: IP, MCP, Metacarpals, Carpals, and taping techniques.
- Wrist: MWM’s for flexion, extension, supination, pronation, and taping.
- Elbow: flexion, extension, proximal radioulnar joint, tennis elbow treatments, HEP.
- Shoulder: manual and belt MWM’s for elevation, IR, ER, functional activities, HEP.
- Acromioclavicular joint: MWM’s, and taping.
- Cervical: NAGs, Reverse NAGs, SNAGs for flexion, extension, rotation, SB, HEP techniques, traction techniques, Positional SNAGs, Spinal Mobilizations with Arm Movement, Headache/Upper Cervical assessment, and treatment techniques.
- Ribs: MWM’s for ribs 1-12.
- Thoracic: SNAGs for rotation, flexion, SB, and extension.
– Wear loose, comfortable lab clothing (with long hair pulled back) – Bring your copy of the text, a small hand towel and a Mulligan NAGS & SNAGS Mobilization belt. – Foam mobilization pads are recommended.
The Mulligan Concept ® of Manual Therapy: Textbook of techniques by Hing, Hall, Rivett, Vicenzino and Mulligan, 2015. (Get 10% off by entering PROMOTIONAL CODE: BAL6E70486 at checkout !! )
Richard Crowell – PT, MS, GDMT, MCTA Rick Crowell is a 1993 graduate of Curtin University’s postgraduate program in manipulative therapy, Perth, Australia. He received his post-professional Master’s Degree in 1986 from Georgia State University in orthopedic physical therapy. Rick has extensive educational and clinical training in manual therapy. He is a fellow in the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy. He is currently practicing, teaching, and conducting research in Mobilization with Movement. Rick is a adjunct professor at the College of St. Scholastica in addition to his clinical practice. He has worked with Brian Mulligan since 1994, is an accredited teacher in the Mulligan Concept ® and has conducted courses in both the United States and Brazil.