Lower Quarter Course- St Croix, WI / Minneapolis – St. Paul, MN
Sep 12, 2020 @ 8:00 am – Sep 13, 2020 @ 3:30 pm
Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques For Lower Quarter This two-day course will present the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the Lumbar Spine, Sacroiliac complex, as well as for the lower extremity.
- PRO CERT 13 CCUs: State Board of Physical Therapy (FSBPT) accepted in: Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. Note: if your license isn’t issued by one of the above states, you may be able to apply for individual CEU credit through your state governing body See https://www.na-mcta.com/courses/ceus/ for more information.
- NATA Board of Certification CEU Provider P3566
- Certificate of attendance for 13 hrs of instruction guaranteed by ProCert
- Certificate of Attendance is provided for 13 CE hours
- NATA Board of Certification Approval #P3566 for 13 CE hours
- Continuing Education (CE) credits Certificate of attendance 13 hours
- NATA Board of Certification Approval #P498
Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques For Lower QuarterThis two-day course will present the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the lumbar spine and sacroiliac joint as well as for the lower extremity. It will include lecture, patient demonstrations, and lab time to give the participants a thorough and in depth coverage of the Mobilization With Movement ® approach for the lower quarter. This unique approach to manual therapy was discovered and developed by Brian Mulligan F.N.Z.S.P. (Hon), Dip. M.T. from Wellington, New Zealand. This simple yet effective manual approach addresses musculoskeletal disorders with pain free manual joint “repositioning” techniques for restoration of function and abolition of pain.
- Have an appreciation of the concept of the Mobilization With Movement ® approach.
- Provide a thorough and in depth instruction and practice of the MWM techniques for the lower quarter.
- Develop the knowledge and manual skills to successfully apply and integrate the MWM techniques.
- Integrate taping techniques with Mobilization with Movement.
- Understand the guidelines for safe and effective technique selection.
- Improve clinical outcomes.
- Toes/Feet: IP, MCP, metatarsals, tarsals, plantar fasciitis, and taping techniques.
- Ankle: talocrural, distal tib/fib joint, DF, PF, ankle sprains, and taping techniques.
- Knee: Belt MWM’s, IR MWM, Squeeze technique for meniscus, proximal tib/fib joint, and taping.
- Lumbar: SNAGs, self SNAGs, SLR techniques, SNAGS with SLR, and HEP.
- SI joint: ilial rotations, upslip, plinth and weight bearing techniques, taping techniques
- Hip: flexion, extension, rotation, non-weight bearing and weight bearing techniques.
Wear loose, comfortable lab clothes. Bring mobilization belts, mobilization pads, if available.
Suggested ReadingThe recommended texts for the course are: The Mulligan Concept ® of Manual Therapy: Textbook of techniques by Hing, Hall, Rivett, Vicenzino and Mulligan, 2015. (Get 10% off by entering PROMOTIONAL CODE: BAL6E70486 at checkout !! ) AND: Manual Therapy ‘NAGs’, ‘SNAGs’, ‘MWMs’ etc. 6th edition, by Brian R. Mulligan, 2010.
Eric M. Dinkins – PT, MSPT, OCS, Cert. MT, MCTA Eric is a graduate from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and has been practicing since 2001. He has earned post-graduate certifications in Manipulative Therapy and is a Certified Mulligan Practitioner with the Mulligan Concept ® of manual therapy. He earned his Board Certification as an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist through the American Physical Therapy Association. Eric has an extensive sports medicine background, has worked closely with physicians from the Steadman-Hawkins Clinic in Denver, and has treated athletes from youth, to Olympic, and professional levels. He is a published author and was a key-note speaker at the International Mulligan Conference in 2009. Other clinical interests include treatments for Restless Legs Syndrome and utilizing the Motion Guidance system to improve visual feedback in rehabilitation. When not practicing, Eric enjoys spending time with his family, mountain biking, and playing guitar.
Student Reviews & Testimonials
“Really Enjoyed this Lower Quarter course. Great Feedback and pearls! This changes the way I not only treat patients, but what my expectations are for what I can do everyday.” -Eric S. PT, DPT, OCS, STC
“Loved this Concept approach to therapy. Drawing from pain science, current research, experience. A model I can apply to everyone I see, everyday. Thanks Eric!” -Ron S. PT, DPT, OCS Private Practice Owner. Miami, FL
0 people are attending Lower Quarter Course- St Croix, WI / Minneapolis – St. Paul, MN