To facilitate your learning and preparation for the course, it is recommended that you purchase a mobilization belt, contact pad, and Brian Mulligan’s 7th edition textbook. Other tools to facilitate learning include video tutorials of the techniques presented in the courses. Click the product links below for information and purchase.
Dallas Area (Plano), TX – The Mulligan Concept™ Lower Quadrant Course
Nov 5, 2022 @ 8:00 am – Nov 6, 2022 @ 3:30 pm DALLAS, TX
Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques For Lower Quarter
This two-day course will present the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the lumbar spine, sacroiliac joint as well as for the lower extremity.
- PTs and PTAs will receive 13 CEU’s for those holding license in the state of Texas. For those residing outside of the state of Texas, please contact your state governing board to determine reciprocity for your state. All forms required to submit individually for CEU’s can be found on this website under Courses/CEU’s.
- Approved by the Texas Physical Therapy Association for 13 CCU’s
- ATs will receive 13 CEUs from the NATA Board of Certification CEU Provider P3566
- Certificate of attendance for 13 hours of instruction is always given
Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques For Lower Quarter
This two-day course will present the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the lumbar spine and sacroiliac joint as well as for the lower extremity. It will include lecture, patient demonstrations, and lab time to give the participants a thorough and in depth coverage of the Mobilization With Movement™ approach for the lower quarter. This unique approach to manual therapy was discovered and developed by Brian Mulligan F.N.Z.S.P. (Hon), Dip. M.T. from Wellington, New Zealand. This simple yet effective manual approach addresses musculoskeletal disorders with pain free manual joint “repositioning” techniques for restoration of function and abolition of pain.
By the end of the course the participant will be able to accurately:
- List 3 key components of Mobilization With Movement™ for the treatment of lower quarter.
- Demonstrate 3 ankle MWM techniques for ankle ROM impairment.
- Demonstrate 2 knee MWM techniques for ROM impairment.
- Demonstrate 3 hip MWM techniques for ROM impairment.
- List 2 indications for ankle and knee taping procedures to reinforce MWM techniques.
- Demonstrate 3 key variables that may need to be modified for pain-free effective MWM of the lower extremity, SI jt and lumbar spine.
- Demonstrate 3 manual techniques for the alleviation straight leg raise pain.
- Demonstrate 2 manual techniques for the alleviation of SI jt pain.
- Demonstrate central and unilateral manual SNAG techniques for the pain-free improvement of lumbar ROM.
- Cite at least 2 RCT studies that support ankle sprain MWM and taping.
- Cite at least 1 RCT studies that support the MWM approach to dorsiflexion loss of the ankle.
- integrate a combined proximal fibula AP MWM WITH a distal fibula AP MWM technique while the patient performs a squatting activity pain-free.
8:00-9:00 Sign in and Registration. Pre-test. Introduction, theory, guidelines for practical application of Mobilization With Movement (MWM’s): CROCKS and PILL
9:00-10:00 Toes/Feet demo & lab: 1st MCP, metatarsals, tarsals, plantar fasciitis & taping techniques
10:00-10:15 Morning Break
10:15-10:30 Ankle Lecture: literature evidence for evaluation and treatment of ankle sprain and dorsiflexion pain and/or mobility loss.
10:30-12:00 Ankle demonstration & lab practice: talocrural and proximal/distal tibia/fibular joint & taping.
1:00-2:30 Knee demonstration & lab: Literature evidence for evaluation and treatment. MWM’s & taping.
2:30-2:45 Afternoon Break
2:45-4:30 Literature evidence for evaluation and treatment of Hip. Demonstration and lab practice: Mobilization with Movement and self management strategies.
7:30-8:30 Review of Day 1 topics and treatments. CMP exam requirements. Hip demonstration and lab practice continued: weight bearing techniques.
8:30-9:30 Lumbar demo & lab practice: Sustained Natural Apophyseal Glides (SNAG’s) in sitting, standing, quadruped, prone.
9:30-9:45 Morning Break
9:45-12:00 Lumbar demo & lab practice continued. Self SNAG’s, SLR techniques, HEP
1:00-3:00 Lumbopelvic demo & lab practice: innominate & sacral techniques, weight bearing / non weight bearing, taping & HEP.
3:00-3:30 Practical review session. Post course test.
Wear loose, comfortable lab clothes. Bring mobilization belts, mobilization pads, if available.
Individual Participant Cancellation Policy:All cancellations must be submitted with written notice and received 14 days prior to the course date. Refunds, minus an administrative fee of $50.00, are provided if cancellation is received in this timeframe. No refunds will be issued if notice is received less than 14 days before the course. If written notice is provided at any time prior to the start of the course, or within 1 week after, full course tuition may be transferred to another Mulligan Concept ™ course within 1 year without the administrative fee. Mulligan Concept ™ Teacher’s Association (MCTA) Right to cancel: The MCTA and its teachers reserve the right to cancel any course prior to the course date due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. In the unlikely event that this should occur, individual tuition fees will be returned in full (though life can be unpredictable, we will do everything in our power to avoid such a cancellation < 28 days before the course). However, the NA-MCTA and its teachers will not be held responsible for airline tickets, hotel reservations, or any other travel or personal expenses incurred by the registrant. The NA-MCTA will make every attempt to contact you as soon as possible in the event a course must be canceled. Please consider this policy before making your travel arrangements.
Host Cancellation Policy:In the event that the host facility must cancel, 4 weeks notice must be given in writing to the course instructor. This will allow sufficient time to notify all registered participants.
Jarrod Brian PT, OCS, CMP, CSMT, TPS, MCTA
Jarrod earned his B.S. in Athletic Training/Education from Southern Illinois University in 2001. He received his Master of Science in Physical Therapy from the Mayo School of Health Sciences in 2003. Jarrod is an APTA Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) and APTA Orthopedic Section member.
Jarrod became a Certified Mulligan Practitioner in 2007 and has assisted teaching Mulligan ConceptTM courses since 2009. He holds certifications from The International Spine and Pain Institute for manual therapy and pain science. Further, he has an extensive background in various manual therapy methods, functional dry needling, and movement assessment systems.
Currently Jarrod is employed at Olmsted Medical Center in Rochester, MN. He treats a broad variety of outpatient physical therapy conditions utilizing a multimodal, patient-centered approach. He believes the most successful care occurs at the confluence of patient education, well-timed manual therapy, and focused exercise while simultaneously attempting to understand each unique patient’s goals, lifestyle, and environment.
When not practicing, Jarrod enjoys reading, fitness, and spending time with his family and local church.
Hotel Options :
Student Reviews & Testimonials
“Instructor was very well prepared, informational, dynamic and entertaining! Nice mix of lecture, lab, and instruction”
Early bird price available until May 29, 2021 – BUY NOW